Characterized by a rapidly growing pipeline, over 10 product approvals per year and steady rise in market value, the peptide-based therapies segment represents one of the fastest growing and major drug classes in the biopharmaceutical industry. Given the lucrative financial support and notable increase in partnerships, the peptide therapeutics market is abuzz with activity.
To order this 250+ page report, which features 105+ figures and 125+ tables, please visit this https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/peptid-therapeutics-market.html
Key Market Insights
Over 300 peptide-based therapies have either been approved or are being developed
It is worth highlighting that, since 2013, 25 such products have received approval. Further, most (close to 42%) of the pipeline candidates are currently in preclinical and discovery stages, while more than 37% therapies are being evaluated in clinical stages (phase I/II and above).
>130 companies claim to be engaged in the development of peptide therapeutics, globally
Since 2015, 15 companies have been established in this domain. Further, around 72% of the industry stakeholders are small companies. In addition, majority (55%) of the peptide therapeutics developers are based in North America, primarily in the US.
More than 1,200 clinical trials evaluating peptide therapeutics have been registered worldwide
Clinical research activity, in terms of number of trials registered, is reported to have increased at a CAGR of 11%, during the period 2015-2021. Of the total, close to 68% of the studies have already been completed, followed by active trials that are actively recruiting patients (17%).
Partnership activity within this domain has increased at a CAGR of 54%, between 2015 and 2021
Licensing agreements emerged as the most popular type of partnership model adopted by industry stakeholders, followed by clinical trial agreements (23%), services agreements (15%), and research and development agreements (9%).
USD 7+ billion has been invested by both private and public investors, across 200 instances
It is important to mention that, between 2015 and 2021, majority of the funding amount was raised through secondary offerings (60%), debt financing (15%), venture capital rounds (9%) and private equity financing elements (7%).
North America and Europe are anticipated to capture over 79% of the market share, by 2030
The current market is driven by sales of peptide therapeutics designed for subcutaneous administration (over 78%), followed by those that facilitate intravenous administration (13%). Further, peptide-based therapies targeting metabolic diseases presently capture the dominant share (78%) of the market (in terms of sales-based revenues); this trend is unlikely to change in the foreseen future.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit this
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading industry players engaged in the development of peptide therapeutics?
- Which key disease indications are being targeted by peptide therapeutic candidates present in the current development pipeline?
- What are the different initiatives undertaken by big pharma players for the development of peptide therapeutics in the recent past?
- What kind of partnership models are most commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this industry?
- Who are the key stakeholders that have actively made investments in the peptide therapeutics domain?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 41.7 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the peptide therapeutics market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of Peptide
- Small Peptide
- Mid-sized Peptide
- Large Peptide
- Route of Administration
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Therapeutic Area
- Metabolic Diseases
- Oncological Diseases
- Endocrine Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
The report includes profiles of key players (listed below) each profile features an overview of the company, details related to its financials (if available), product portfolios, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals
- Eli Lilly
- FirstString Research
- Novo Nordisk
- Palatin Technologies
- RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals
- Stealth BioTherapeutics
- Zealand Pharma
For additional details, please visit
https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/peptid-therapeutics-market.html or email email@example.com
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Novel T-Cell Immunotherapies Market, 2021-2030
- TIL-based Therapies Market, 2021-2030
- Non-Hormonal Therapies Market, 2021-2030
- Gene Therapy Market (4th Edition): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030
- Global T-Cell Therapies Market (5th Edition): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030